Back to top

What's Needed to File


  • The IRS needs to know exactly who's filing and who is covered in your tax return. To do this, you will need Social Security numbers and dates of birth for you, your spouse and dependents for the current filing year.
  • If you have care expenses for children under 13 or a dependent with physical or mental disability please provide the dollar amount, name and address of the care provider, tax identification number of the care provider, as well as which dependent the care is for if you have multiple dependents.
  • A copy of the front of the taxpayer(s) drivers licenses (and back as well if New York State).



  • Direct deposit information—routing and account numbers, bank name (if you wish to direct debit/deposit amounts payable/due to you).
  • The total separate amounts of all stimulus money received (if none, please indicate zero)
  • Indicate if owner of foreign bank account, provide information—location, name of bank, account number, max value of account during the year
  • Indicate if you bought/sold or received as compensation any cryptocurrencies.
  • List the total amount of charitable contributions
  • List any estimated tax payments made. This would be vouchers mailed or online payments made to the IRS or state.



  • W2s
  • 1099-NEC if you are self-employed and received $600 or greater from a client. If you are self-meplyed, please see additional items needed here: Self-employed
  • 1099-DIV if you received dividends  
  • 1099-INT if you received interest
  • 1099-G if you received money or benefits from the government 
  • 1099-K if you made third-party credit card transactions 
  • 1099-R for distributions from a retirement plan, IRA, pension, annuity, etc. 
  • 1099-MISC 
  • SA-1099 for social security benefits
  • K-1s for any ownership in passthrough entities
  • A listing of rental income and expenses